Monday 3 August 2009

Japanese Literature Challenge


While you are waiting for me to plough through my latest literary delight, I thought I'd advertise a little challenge I'm taking part in. In the words of Dolcezza (the challenger):

"This year, all you have to do is read one work of Japanese origin. It can be literature of course, but don’t feel confined to that. You may choose to read poetry, biographies, short stories or even manga. If you are willing to read one such piece, you’ve met the challenge. If you read more, all the better. I have set the time frame between July 30, 2009 and January 30, 2010."

Now, how easy is that?
Anyone wishing to join in can sign up at: http://www.japlit3challenge.blogspot.com/
I shall, of course, be continuing with Yukio Mishima's 'The Sea of Fertility' quadrilogy after the first part was so good (and more, I'm sure, besides).
Banzaiiiiiiiiiiiiii!