Friday 30 July 2010

Chunkster Challenge!

"A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge."

450 pages? I spit on your 450 pages...

But anyway, I have decided to sign up for the Chunkster Challenge and will be going for the top level, Mor-Book-ly Obese:

"Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings."

I may already have reached this target for this year, but I'll see how I've done soon; no book diet for me then...

*****
And I'm back...

Yay: ten already!  The list is:

The Makioka Sisters by Jun'ichiro Tanizaki (530)
Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope (499)
A House for Mr. Biswas by V.S. Naipaul (564)
Doctor Thorne by Anthony Trollope (557)
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (529)
The Small House at Allington by Anthony Trollope (663)
The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas (496)
The Last Chronicle of Barset by Anthony Trollope (712)
Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey (528)
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell (469)

I think I need a little lie down; I'm feeling rather full...