Wednesday 21 November 2012

More on January in Japan

Today I've posted another appetiser on the January in Japan blog, a post I published a while back on translation and Japanese literature - please click here to see it :)

If you're interested in the whole event, please sign up by commenting on any post, and also follow the new blog - there's lots coming up!

Next week, I'll be posting the first in my J-Lit Giants series, brief introductions to Japanese writers with suggestions for starter books.  Number one next Wednesday will be Natsume Soseki, and I also have a post on Yukio Mishima (and possibly a guest post on Osamu Dazai) ready to go.

If you would be interested in contributing to that series, please let me know - whether you would like to talk about the Murakamis, Natsuo Kirino, Yasunari Kawabata, Kenzaburo Oe or Hiromi Kawakami, I'd love to publish your thoughts and advice!

So, in short:
  - Have a look at the translation post
  - Follow the January in Japan blog
  - Get ready for J-Lit Giants
  - Let me know if you want to contribute

See you next Wednesday :)